Table of Contents
Waters Soluble vs Fat Soluble Vitamins
Water Soluble – Vitamins that are fat soluble are dissolved with water. The drawback, everytime you urinate you are losing water soluble vitamins so you have to keep consuming foods that provide these vitamins.
Fat Soluble – Vitamins that are fat soluble are dissolved in fat. They need to be consumed with fat in order to be absorbed efficiently. They are then stored in the liver or body fat tissue.
List of Water Soluble Vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
List of Fat Soluble Vitamins
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
12 Essential Supplements to Consider on Keto
- Improves brain health because omega 3’s increase the fluidity of cell membranes. Cell membranes are the outer structure of a cell & in the brain it’s important that they are fluid. If not then it will make it difficult for cells to communicate with one another.
- Fat Loss – Omega 3 activate uncoupling protein 1 which signals body to increase body temperature. Signals brown fat, the good fat to trigger thermodegansis.
- Muscle Growth – Omega 3’s impacts MTOR (Mechanistic Target Of Rapamycin) which is essential for muscle growth because it’s one of the body’s protein synthesis regulators. Without MTOR proteins don’t get utilized to build muscle. Omega’s 3’s help trigger more production of MTOR.
2 different kinds of omega 3’s DPA and EPA
EPA – Modulating inflammation throughout the body.
DHA – Brain Health and contributing to that cellular flexibility. Helps us function really well.
We need both however most fish oil companies have a lot of EPA and very little DHA. The Ideal ratio should be 3:2 EPA to DHA. We want that ratio to be spot one.
Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) – Water soluble vitamin which helps you get consistent energy throughout the day. B12 is involved in creating new red blood cells. Red blood cells are required to carry oxygen to the cell to be able to use for energy. It also helps with carbohydrate metabolism.
Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid & Folate) – Helps support iron in the body. If we are low on B9 & B12 then our cells can not cell iron properly therefore affecting hemoglobin levels which means not getting oxygen.
- Improves sleep, stays relaxed. On Keto it might be difficult to sleep because without carbs, you don’t have the insulin required to allow the production of melatonin which helps you sleep. Magnesium will help and turn on the relaxing portion of our brain, and turn on the parasympathetic nervous system.
- ATP Production – Without magnesium you cannot produce energy. On Keto, gluconeogenesis regulates. Meaning we are breaking down protein and other tissues into glucose. We need magnesium for this process to occur. In order to create ATP we need to have that molecule bound to magnesium.
- Supports the nervous system, helps destress stress and stay relaxed.
- Helps balance fluid & bloating within the body.
- Helps in maintain a proper acid level in the body.
- Important for working out and nerve triggering for muscles to contract the right way.
Testosterone, Cellular function, very easy to become deficient because we don’t have a storage mechanism for it.
Vitamin C 1000 – 5000mg
Immune system & cortisol reduction for stress management
Helps with joint pain. Beef bone broth is a great source for high quality collagen protein.
Coq10 (Coenzyme Q10 also ubiquinone)
This is a coenzyme that works as a powerful antioxidant and plays a fundamental role in the energy process within the body. Coq10 allows the food to energy occur. Without Coq10 we are never able to take the food that we eat and convert it into ATP (Adenosine triphosphate).
After age 25-30 we start to lose our levels of Coq10. Our mitochondria starts to become more efficient. Which the mitochondria is efficient for creating energy.
Chlorella 1-3 g
Binds to heavy metals and gut microbiota which goes great with eating fish.
Vitamin D3 2000iu – 6000iu
Testosterone, Immune system, allows to absorb calcium, weight loss, big role in modulation inflammation take with k2 to be used properly
Vitamin K2 300mg
Not going to find this vitamin food. This couples with magnesium because vitamin K2 gets calcium out of the blood and into the bones where it should be. When shopping for Vitamin K2 look for the MK7 form because it has a longer half life. It stays in the body longer.
Curcumin 1.5g – 2g
Strongly improves anxiety and depression symptoms.